Underground underwear dancing, human hamster wheels and Alice in Wonderland. Today we hunt: Fringe Fashion ‘09.
10. Why bother with a catwalk when you can get models to run around in a human hamster wheels. That what Henrik Vibskov thought when he launched his 2009 collection at Copenhagen Fashion Week.
9. Triangles, cirlces, stripes and lines… oh my! It’s Lindsay in an 80s futuristic ad for Fornarina.
8. H&M also likes shapes, forcing Eva Herzigoba to find her way through a labarynth of white rooms, ladders, and stairwells that go to nowhere.
7. What happens when Hello Kitty and MAC get together? You get a cotton candy fantasy that features black cats, Alice in Wonderland, pink chairs and freaky scary Hello Kitties. I don’t really know how else to describe this one but I apoligize in advance for any nightmares caused.
6. Sexy, silver, mini skirts and a whole lot of glitter: For Fall 2009, Balmain was all about disco. The retro future look included tons of sparkles, black leather, micro minis and black lace.
5. Underground Underwear Dance Clubs - Diesel, the master of viral campaigns, created this underground endurance dance contest. It featuring hooded, masked models dancing in the dark in nothing but thier underwear.
4. LA-based photographer August Bradley takes us back to another era with vintage scenes spiced up with vivid colour.
3. Fluorescent fashion was all the rage at Marc Jacobs’ Fall 2009 fashion show. To fight the gloominess of the recession, designers are making their collections vibrant and distracting.
2. Fantasy Fingernails may look fashtastic, but keep these things away from me! The visually stunning fake nails are beautiful, but dangerously pointy works of art by UK-based fingernail artist, Sam Biddle.
1. Lego Runways. Jean-Charles de Castelbajac proves that if you’re really on the edge, you don’t need real models. He showcased his entire line using nothing but sexy little lego figurines.
VIDEO OF THE DAY: PUMA projections video
More Stats +/-
Future Festival & Malcolm Gladwell - Early Bird Deadline
Glittery Geometric Fashion
Candy Floss Fantasies
Free 2018 Report & eBook
Get the top 100 trends happening right NOW -- plus a FREE copy of our award-winning book.
Our Research Methodology
This article is one of 350,000 experiments. We use crowd filtering, big data and AI to identify insights.
Cutting Edge Fashion, Marketing, and Runways in 2009
- By: Jeremy GutscheMar 31, 2009