The aCure touchscreen vending machines debuted at Shinagawa Station in Tokyo to the joy of Japanese residents. When I was traveling in Japan, I couldn't help but notice not only their love for technology and also for vending machines (there's a machine for almost anything!), so it was only a matter of time before they introduced these touchscreen devices!
Check out the gallery above to see just how high-tech this contraption is--all to quench your thirst.
The aCure Vending Machine Debuts in Japan
1. Smart Vending Machines - The trend of creating vending machines with advanced digital and IoT technologies to enhance user experiences and improve operational efficiency is rapidly catching on.
2. Contactless Payment Vending Machines - With the increasing demand for contactless payment methods, vending machine companies are realizing the need to upgrade their devices to ensure they are equipped with digital payment technologies.
3. Personalized Vending Machine Experiences - As vending machines become more like digital interfaces, with up-close product visualization and tailored recommendations, companies are seeking ways to offer personalized experiences to their customers.
1. Vending Machine Manufacturing - Vending machine manufacturers will need to adapt and innovate, taking advantage of IoT technologies to stay competitive in producing smart vending machines.
2. Retail and Hospitality - Retail and hospitality businesses can benefit by implementing smart vending machines in their stores, increasing customer engagement and generating additional revenue streams.
3. Digital Payment Solutions - As vending machines continue to move towards digital payment solutions, digital payment companies can focus on offering services to accommodate the shift towards contactless payments.