As a follow up to the article on Kanye West promoting the new Lincoln Zephyr, check out how many hip hop artists are selling cars these days, according to Detroit News: Ludarcris is now a car salesman. Yup, he is currently starring in a Pontiac Solstice commercial, AND he's showcased the Escalade several times. Boom.
The picture shown displays DJ Funkmaster Flex, hosting one of ESPN's customizing shows.
Implications - There are countless benefits to be reaped by having a celebrity endorse the product of a particular company. An even more efficient way to gain from this type of marketing is by focusing on what it is exactly that the chosen celebrity is representing or promoting. Selecting a celebrity to embody the type of experience or lifestyle a business can provide will generate more client-specific driven results.
Ludacris, 50 Cent, Missy Elliott, LL Cool J, Snoop Dogg, Kanye West
1. Celebrity Product Endorsements - There is a growing trend of hip hop artists and other celebrities becoming car salesmen, presenting opportunities for companies to leverage their influence for product endorsements.
2. Targeted Influencer Marketing - Choosing celebrities who embody the desired experience or lifestyle of a business is becoming an effective marketing strategy, allowing companies to generate more client-specific driven results.
3. Cross-industry Collaborations - Collaborating with hip hop artists and DJs on car customization shows and commercials opens up opportunities for brands in both the automotive and entertainment industries to reach new audiences and create innovative experiences.
1. Automotive - The automotive industry can seize disruptive innovation opportunities by partnering with hip hop artists and leveraging their influence to promote and customize cars.
2. Marketing and Advertising - The marketing and advertising industry can capitalize on the trend of celebrity product endorsements, developing creative and targeted influencer marketing campaigns to reach a specific audience.
3. Entertainment - The entertainment industry, particularly in music and DJing, can explore cross-industry collaborations with car companies to create unique car customization shows and commercials that appeal to new audiences.