The sustainable hotel concept is a practice that has been applied by many hospitality businesses. However, 1 Hotels takes it to another level through not only opting out for sustainable choices in materials and recycling, but also striving to inspire conversations between its innovators and guests about the issues at hand. CEO and Chairman Barry Sternlicht explains that he "wanted to capture the beauty of nature in a hotel and commit to safeguarding it as best [he] can."
The hotel has three locations: Central Park, South Beach and Brooklyn Bridge, and each strives to bring you the unique outdoor environment inside through design and live green moments. The materials used throughout the hotel are reclaimed and organic, and certain mechanisms are implemented in the interest of saving water and energy. Additionally, 1 Hotels have Teslas available to guests and artist collaborations that engage patrons and raise awareness for earth-friendly causes.
1 Hotels Teaches Its Guest the Importance of the Natural Environment
1. Sustainable Hotels - 1 Hotels showcases a sustainable hotel concept that goes beyond traditional practices by inspiring conversations and using reclaimed materials.
2. Green Design - 1 Hotels incorporates the unique outdoor environment inside through design and utilizes reclaimed and organic materials.
3. Energy Conservation - 1 Hotels implements water and energy-saving mechanisms, and provides Teslas as transportation options for guests.
1. Hospitality - The sustainable practices and unique design of 1 Hotels present an opportunity for the hospitality industry to adopt more sustainable measures and engage guests in eco-friendly conversations.
2. Architecture and Interior Design - The green design approach of 1 Hotels offers opportunities for architects and interior designers to explore incorporating nature-inspired elements and reclaimed materials into their projects.
3. Transportation - The use of Teslas as transportation options for guests at 1 Hotels highlights the potential for the transportation industry to further embrace eco-friendly initiatives.