The HOPE Permaculture Tour is set up as an educational experience on sustainable farming practices that the average person or farmer can implement in their own backyard gardens, or on full-scale farms. The tour will take place at a number of organic Ontario farms, including Foggy River, John's Garden, Cavaleiro Farm, Tycoed Eco-Village and the Mandala Garden, all in the York and Durham area. The visits at the six farm stops will take approximately two hours each.
The purpose of the tour is to inspire people to consider how their living habits could be altered in order to be a greater benefit to the local and global community, emphasizing cooperation with nature. To get people as close to nature as possible during the two-day event, camping will be available at Foggy River Farm.
Ontario's HOPE Tour Highlights Perma-Farming Tips
1. Perma-farming - Implementing permaculture farming practices in backyard gardens and full-scale farms.
2. Sustainable Agriculture - Promoting sustainable farming practices that benefit the local and global community.
3. Educational Farm Tours - Providing educational experiences on sustainable farming practices.
1. Organic Farming - Opportunities to implement permaculture and sustainable farming practices in organic farming operations.
2. Eco-tourism - Creating sustainable farm tour experiences that attract eco-conscious travelers.
3. Environmental Education - Developing educational programs and initiatives that focus on sustainable farming practices.