The Sonic Fabric dress is made from recycled audio cassette tapes. The tape is woven into a fabric, but retains its magnetic quality. So in theory, you could still play the music if you had a device to read the fabric. I hope you're wearing a cool song.
You can also purchase a Monk / Messenger Bag, swatches of the sonic fabric or larger sheets that you can use to create your own Sonic Fabric apparel.
Textile Woven From Audio Cassette Tape
1. Sustainable Fashion - The Sonic Fabric dress showcases the trend of using recycled materials in fashion, presenting an opportunity for the fashion industry to embrace sustainable practices.
2. Smart Textiles - The magnetic quality of the Sonic Fabric presents a disruptive opportunity for the textile industry to explore smart textile applications where fabric can store and transmit data.
3. Retro Revival - The use of audio cassette tapes in the Sonic Fabric highlights a trend of nostalgia and retro revival, creating opportunities for industries to tap into the consumer desire for vintage-inspired products.
1. Fashion Industry - The Sonic Fabric dress and related products offer opportunities for the fashion industry to incorporate sustainable practices and eco-friendly materials.
2. Textile Industry - The magnetic quality of Sonic Fabric presents a disruptive innovation opportunity for the textile industry to explore smart textile applications, such as data storage and transmission.
3. Consumer Electronics Industry - The Sonic Fabric's ability to retain magnetic qualities opens up possibilities for the consumer electronics industry to develop innovative devices that can read and play audio from fabric materials.