According to the President of Un-Marketing, Scott Scratten branding in 2019 just isn't the same as it was years ago. While some businesses thrive under a new model that prioritizes the customer, others fail to adapt. To learn more, Trend Hunter sat down with Scratten to discuss the successful branding tactics that have won over modern-day consumers.
In the interview, Scratten delves into his own theories surrounding branding, one of them being that consumers are looking for an informal approach. In saying this, he means that "it's not about the logo, website or corporate identity." Branding, according to Scratten comes down to every single way that consumers interact with a specific company, and this includes both positive and negative experiences. To provide further context, Scratten offers one of his favorite examples, WestJet.
You can learn more about Scott Scratten by visiting his website.
Scott Scratten of Un-Marketing Discusses What Branding Means to Him
1. Informal Branding - Informality should be a key characteristic of branding, including every single way consumers interact with a specific company.
2. Customer Priority Model - A new branding model prioritizing customer experience can be the game changer for businesses.
3. Integrated Branding - Integrated branding means that every single way that consumers interact with a specific company makes the brand identity.
1. Marketing - Marketing professionals must update their knowledge and implement a holistic customer prioritized branding strategy.
2. Retail - Retail brands could adapt their branding strategy by prioritising the customer experience and integrating all branding tools to achieve success.
3. Hospitality - Hospitality industry can benefit from integrating every single way customers interact with them to achieve an unparalleled customer experience.