It's perhaps ironic that a northern country and the oil and gas pipeline manufacturer would collaborate on an initiative such as the Sarnia Solar Project, but nevertheless, theirs is the first example of a large-scale sun-power plant.
Canadian company Enbridge Inc. is working with First Solar Inc. from Arizona to develop the Sarnia Solar Project across 950 acres of Ontario land with 1.3 million First Solar panel modules. This powerhouse will fulfill the needs of 12,800 homes as it's worked into the local energy grid. Even the construction of the Sarnia Solar Project is sustainable.
Photo Credits: First Solar Inc.
The Sarnia Solar Project is the World's Largest
1. Large-scale Sun-power Plants - The Sarnia Solar Project sets the precedent for large-scale sun-power plants, paving the way for more sustainable energy solutions.
2. Collaboration Between Solar and Oil Companies - The partnership between Enbridge Inc. and First Solar Inc. demonstrates the potential for collaboration between solar and oil companies in the renewable energy sector.
3. Sustainable Construction in Renewable Energy - The sustainable construction practices employed in the development of the Sarnia Solar Project highlight the growing trend towards environmentally friendly construction in the renewable energy industry.
1. Energy - The Sarnia Solar Project showcases the disruptive innovation opportunities for renewable energy companies looking to expand large-scale sun-power plants.
2. Oil and Gas - The collaboration between Enbridge Inc. and First Solar Inc. reveals the potential for oil and gas companies to venture into the renewable energy sector and embrace sustainable initiatives.
3. Construction - The sustainable construction methods employed in the Sarnia Solar Project offer disruptive innovation opportunities for the construction industry in the development of future renewable energy projects.