Like zentai-inspired fashion, rubber-clad nuns are an immensely popular facet of the underground fetish community. Rubber nuns are clothed in latex or leather nun uniforms, and frequently also wear a gas mask.
The subversion of a nun, a paragon of religious virtue, by the latex fetish community is both fantastic and messed up. No wonder this underground cultural icon of a nun in a gas mask is found in art that ranges from street art to sculptures. Chances are good that if you start looking, it won’t be long before you see your first rubber nun.
I am just upset that I did not think of ‘rubber nun’ as my Trend Hunter name.
Sacred Heart|Slinky Skin|Flickr|Photobucket|Twisted Arts|Photobucket
Bizarre Underground Fetish Convents
1. Rubber Nuns - The rise of rubber-clad nuns within the underground fetish community presents an opportunity for entrepreneurs and designers to create fetish wear and accessories for this specific market.
2. Latex Fetish Fashion - The popularity of rubber nuns showcases the growing market for latex fetish fashion, presenting opportunities for fashion designers and manufacturers to create new product lines catering to this demand.
3. Subversive Religious Imagery - The use of religious imagery in a fetish context presents an opportunity for artists and creators to explore the intersection of taboo topics, potentially creating disruptive and thought-provoking art and media.
1. Fetish Wear - The rise of rubber nuns within the fetish community creates a demand for specialty fetish wear and accessories, presenting an opportunity for entrepreneurs to cater to this specific demographic.
2. Art and Sculpture - The use of rubber nuns within art and sculpture presents opportunities for artists and creators to explore taboo topics and subversive imagery, potentially disrupting traditional art forms.
3. Latex Fashion - The popularity of rubber nuns highlights the growing market for latex fetish fashion, presenting opportunities for designers and manufacturers to create new product lines catering to this niche market.