In the wake of climate change, the French beauty brand L'Occitane launched a Restoration Fund to support various organizations at the forefront of responding to climate emergencies. The company donated €400,000 to help finance projects dedicated to restoring damaged ecosystems, and half of this fund will specifically go to tree planting and agroforestry schemes in Australia.
“We are truly shocked and saddened to see the devastation from the recent fires that have destroyed beautiful landscapes, native wildlife and communities in different parts of the world,” said Reinold Geiger L’Occitane’s CEO. “As responsible leaders, we cannot just sit back and watch. We need to do our part to help rebuild a healthy ecosystem for the sake of generations to come.”
Image Credit: Shutterstock
L’Occitane's Restoration Fund Supports Climate Emergencies
1. Branded Restoration Funds - Companies are launching dedicated funds to support organizations addressing climate emergencies.
2. Ecosystem Restoration Initiatives - There is a growing emphasis on projects dedicated to restoring damaged ecosystems.
3. Investing in Agroforestry - Agriculture industries are exploring agroforestry schemes as a means of restoring ecosystems and addressing climate change.
1. Beauty and Personal Care - Beauty brands are leveraging restoration funds to support climate emergency initiatives.
2. Environmental Conservation - Organizations focused on environmental conservation are receiving support from restoration funds.
3. Agriculture - Agricultural industries are incorporating agroforestry schemes to contribute to ecosystem restoration efforts.