The Coveris 'RecyclaLite' recyclable sandwich packaging is positioned for a Spring 2020 launch and is destined to help increase the sustainable profile of prepackaged lunchtime foods. Developed with recyclability in mind, the packaging has a thin film overtop of the laminated board material, which is intended to be easily peeled off to allow for easy access to the sandwich within. The film can be fully removed before recycling to maximize how much of the packaging can actually be recycled.
Coveris Retail & Sustainability Director Rick Smith spoke on the new Coveris 'RecyclaLite' recyclable sandwich packaging saying, "Packaging Innovations is an exciting opportunity for Coveris to engage with the industry and share our leading paper-based and flexible film product developments. Through our collaboration with industry bodies such as OPRL, WRAP and the Confederation of Paper Industries, we align our product innovation with future legislative requirements and sustainability targets. Recyclability of materials, shelf life optimisation and process efficiency are central to our Pack Positive product development approach as we work towards a more sustainable future.”
The Coveris 'RecyclaLite' Recyclable Sandwich Packaging is Lightweight
1. Recyclable Packaging - The development of the Coveris 'RecyclaLite' packaging presents an opportunity for the food packaging industry to further embrace recyclability.
2. Sustainable Lunchtime Foods - The increased focus on sustainable packaging can drive the demand and development of more eco-friendly lunchtime food options.
3. Packaging Innovations - The collaboration with industry bodies and the focus on product development aligns with the trend of continuous packaging innovations within the food industry.
1. Food Packaging - The recyclable sandwich packaging can disrupt the food packaging industry by setting a new standard for sustainability and recyclability.
2. Fast Food - Fast food chains can explore incorporating recyclable packaging solutions to align with consumer demands for more sustainable options.
3. Sustainable Packaging - The development of recyclable sandwich packaging can contribute to the growth of the sustainable packaging industry and encourage other industries to adopt more eco-friendly practices.