Arc’teryx Equipment, the technical high-performance apparel and equipment brand, is recently launched the digital 'ReBird' platform. The program digitally connects shoppers with upcycled and repurposed products as well as used gear and repair services.
The repurposed products take worn-beyond-optimum-function gear and transforms them into something functional. The used gear, on the other hand, keeps quality gear still in use and provides "donators" a credit towards purchasing new items. Lastly, the care and repair service helps increase the longevity of products.
“At Arc’teryx we have always built products that last, and durability is crucial to how we see ourselves contributing to a more circular economy and achieving our global climate goals. said Katie Wilson, Senior Manager Social & Environmental Sustainability. “It enables us to do fun work like make new product from old, resell used gear, and repair. While some of this work has been happening as long as we’ve been in existence, some of it is brand new.”
Image Credit: Arc’teryx Equipment
Arc'teryx Launches Circularity Initiative -- ReBird
1. Circular Performance Apparel - Arc'teryx introduces ReBird platform for upcycled products, used gear, and repair services, fostering a circular economy in performance apparel.
2. Upcycling and Repurposing - Repurposing worn-out products into functional items and connecting shoppers with second-hand gear presents new opportunities for circular and sustainable fashion.
3. Repair and Longevity Services - Offering repair services for high-quality gear can increase the longevity of products and reduce waste in the performance apparel industry.
1. Performance Apparel - Introducing a circular economy in performance apparel can drive innovation and sustainable practices in the industry.
2. Second-hand Retailing - The push towards sustainability in performance apparel can create new opportunities for second-hand retailers to sell and repurpose used gear.
3. Sustainability and Environmental Services - The introduction of circular initiatives in performance apparel creates opportunities for sustainability-focused organizations to partner with brands and drive meaningful change.