New Balance adds two more tonal iterations of its 2002r sneaker model to the Protection Pack for the season -- this features the new Mirage Grey and the Dark Navy tonal options. Arriving online at HBX, this marks the second drop of the sneaker and the retro running shoes are updated with deconstructed accents.
It has a layered look with rugged overlays of suede materials complete with weatherized colors. It has mesh materials at the underlays and dual tonal midsoles complete with the brand's signature N-ERGY cushioning and shock absorbing technology. The first iteration kicks off with grey as the base with contrast at the logo and midsole and the second iteration has gray laces and heels on a dark blue base.
Image Credit: Alex Hau, HYPEBEAST
The New Balance 2002r Protection Pack Adds Two Colorways
1. Tonal Sneakers - Neutral, weatherized colorways and deconstructed accents on retro styles are trending in the sneaker market.
2. Rugged Overlays - Suede materials with rugged overlays are a growing trend in footwear design.
3. N-ERGY Cushioning - The integration of shock absorbing technology like N-ERGY cushioning is becoming more popular in athletic footwear.
1. Footwear - The footwear industry can capitalize on the trend of tonal, retro-style sneakers with weatherized and deconstructed accents.
2. Athletic Apparel - The trend towards integrating shock absorbing technology like N-ERGY cushioning into sneakers presents opportunities for the athletic apparel industry.
3. Fashion Retail - Rugged overlays made of suede and deconstructed accents are becoming popular in footwear design, creating new opportunities for the fashion retail industry.