The 'OTTAN' homewares collection has been designed by the Istanbul-based Ottan Studio as a range of furniture and items for the home that will provide eco-conscious consumers with a way to make their living space a little greener.
The collection is all achieved using food waste as well as fallen leaves and grass that have been pressed to form the various products seen here. This process eliminates the need for virgin materials, while also increasing the sustainable nature of each item by helping ease concerns surrounding end-of-life disposal.
The 'OTTAN' homewares collection is part of the continued shift towards more sustainable decor products for the home as consumers become more weary of how everyday items could have an effect on the environment.
Image Credit: Ottan Studio
The 'OTTAN' Homewares Collection is Made with Local Waste
1. Upcycling Furniture - Creating furniture with waste or recycled materials helps reduce reliance on virgin materials and provides eco-friendly solutions.
2. Sustainable Homewares - Consumers' growing concerns around the environment are driving demand for homeware products made from sustainable and eco-friendly materials.
3. Organic Matter-based Products - The use of organic matter such as food waste and fallen leaves in the production of homeware products is becoming a popular trend for eco-conscious consumers.
1. Furniture Industry - Furniture manufacturers can explore utilizing waste materials or organic matter in their products to offer eco-friendly options and appeal to environmentally conscious customers.
2. Homeware Industry - Home decor companies can work towards using sustainable and organic materials in their products to address customers' concerns about the impact of their purchases on the environment.
3. Sustainability Consulting - As more companies look to incorporate sustainable practices into their operations, there is a growing need for sustainability consulting services to assist in the implementation of these practices.