Designed by Roger Arquer, Money Clip Credit Cards were featured as part of a Visa competition for leveraging new chip technology. The contest required innovative designs for credit cards, and it is pretty obvious that the money clip card meets that requirement.
Implications - Crowdsourced contests allow companies to generate a massive amount of innovative ideas while requiring little work, time or effort to do so. By inviting their customers to take part in submitting designs, initiatives like this make the most of the collective ingenuity of thousands of people. The result is that a company is able to generate hundreds of fantastic ideas. Even if only one ends up being viable or useful, it is still a resoundingly efficient process.
1. Crowdsourced Contests - Crowdsourced contests allow companies to generate a massive amount of innovative ideas while requiring little work, time or effort to do so.
2. Innovative Credit Cards - Innovative credit card designs, like the Money Clip Credit Cards, leverage new chip technology and provide a disruptive opportunity in the financial industry.
3. Collective Ingenuity - Initiatives that harness the collective ingenuity of the masses, such as inviting customers to submit designs, result in the generation of hundreds of fantastic ideas.
1. Financial Services - The financial services industry can explore disruptive innovation opportunities by developing innovative credit card designs that leverage new chip technology.
2. Design and Manufacturing - The design and manufacturing industry can capitalize on the trend of crowdsourced contests by providing platforms and services that facilitate the process of generating innovative ideas.
3. Consumer Goods - Companies in the consumer goods industry can tap into the collective ingenuity of their customers by inviting them to participate in design contests, resulting in the generation of valuable ideas for new products.