Meati, the alternative meat brand focusing on creating plant-based meats out of mushroom-based ingredients, launched its first alternative steak, the Meati Steak Filet. This steak filet is made with mycelium, which is the thick, stringy part of mushrooms with a texture similar to meat. These stringy fibers, when condensed and used in Meati's proprietary preparation system, result in a product that resembles both the taste and texture of real meat.
The Meati Steak Filet is also marketed as a better-for-you steak product. It contains only 0.5 grams of fat and 120 calories. On top of this, the Meati Steak Filet boasts zero cholesterol and both 14 grams of protein and nine grams of fiber. This means the Meati Steak Filet truly is a superfood for people from with all sorts of dietary restrictions. The Meati Steak Filet will be available as of May 23rd at an SRP of $35 for four filets.
Image Credit: Meati
Meati Debuted a Plant-Based Steak Filet Made with Mycelium
1. Mushroom-based Alternative Meats - The trend towards using mushroom-based ingredients for plant-based meat alternatives is disrupting the traditional meat industry by providing sustainable and healthy options for consumers.
2. Better-for-you Meat Alternatives - The trend towards developing healthier meat alternatives is disrupting the traditional meat industry by appealing to health-conscious or environmentally-aware consumers.
3. Superfood Meat Alternatives - The trend towards developing meat alternatives that are nutrient-dense and balance sustainable production, nutrition, and great taste is disrupting the traditional meat industry by opening opportunities for an alternative food ecosystem.
1. Alternative Meat Production - The evolution of mycelium-based meat alternatives is disrupting the way alternative and green meat products are produced and consumed.
2. Food Technology - The trend towards creating meat alternatives using innovative food technology is disrupting the traditional meat industry by providing new and innovative ways of producing nutrient-rich food.
3. Sustainable Food Production - The trend towards producing meat alternatives in a manner that is environmentally sustainable is disrupting the traditional meat industry by providing healthy and ethically-sourced meat alternatives for conscious consumers.