Founded and directed by Tippy Tippens, Matter Inc. is the first B Corporation in Louisiana. The social business is a design studio based in New Orleans that creates products that are sustainable and thoughtful in purpose.
BirdProject -- which is featured in the photo gallery -- is one of such products. It's an avian glycerin soap bar in which half of the profits help to support the to Gulf Restoration Network and the International Bird Rescue, after the BP oil spill. The product itself is made from aloe, black charcoal, cypress and fair trade olive oil and is a result of a collaboration with Tippens and Sweet Olive Soap Works, which is also a New Orleans-based company.
Matter Inc. website
Matter Inc. on Facebook
Matter Inc. on Twitter
Matter Inc. Creates Products Helping Local and Global Communities
1. Socially Conscious Products - Creating products with a purpose to support local/global communities and charities can lead to successful business models.
2. Sustainable Design - Incorporating eco-friendly materials and practices can appeal to environmentally conscious consumers and differentiate your product from competitors.
3. Collaborative Innovation - Partnering with other businesses with complementary skill sets can lead to unique and successful product offerings.
1. Consumer Goods - Companies offering sustainable and socially conscious products have a competitive advantage in the consumer goods industry.
2. Design - Designers can create new business opportunities by incorporating sustainable practices and partnering with other businesses to create unique product offerings.
3. Charity - Non-profit organizations can benefit from partnerships with socially conscious businesses offering products with a portion of proceeds donated to a specific charity.