Bachelor winner Mary Delgado was arrested for public intoxication in the latest example of stars behaving badly. Better yet, Delgado was also charged with resisting arrest and disorderly conduct.
Mary Delgado isn’t the first reality star to find herself in trouble, but the incident is getting extra publicity because this is her second publicized run-in with the law. In 2007 Mary Delgado was arrested for punching her Bachelor fiancee, Byron Velvick, in the face (the second picture was Delgado’s mug shot from that round). She seems like a real catch.
TV Guide noted that, “Mary Delgado was ‘loud and belligerent’ while being transported to the Val Verde Country Correctional Facility, even kicking the radio inside the squad car...”
Mary Delgado’s arrest is all part of a growing celebrity misbehavior trend that is creating a lack of role models.
On a separate note, kuddos to Delgado for having one of the best mug shots I’ve seen yet. Maybe this is all part of a publicity stunt…
Bachelor Winner Mary Delgado Arrested
1. Celebrity Bad Behavior - The trend of celebrities behaving badly presents an opportunity for disruptive innovation in the areas of personal security, public relations, and brand management.
2. Mug Shot Culture - The rise of viral mug shots as a form of public entertainment suggests an opportunity for disruptive innovation in advertising, content creation, and social media management.
3. Role Model Scarcity - The scarcity of relatable, positive role models presents an opportunity for disruptive innovation in the areas of media, entertainment, and education.
1. Security - The trend of celebrity bad behavior presents opportunities for security companies to offer personal protection services to public figures.
2. Public Relations - The rise of celebrity misbehavior presents opportunities for PR firms to offer crisis management services to clients.
3. Entertainment - The scarcity of relatable, positive role models presents an opportunity for entertainment companies that can provide inspiring and uplifting content.