The Marea Lounge is a sleek piece of furniture that happens to look suspiciously like a surfboard. Specifically, it looks like a surfboard that has seen one too many waves. Nevertheless, the folds and bends of the Marea Lounge are there to mold to the body of the lounger in order to encourage a relaxed position.
Created by British designer Jules Sturgess, the Marea Lounge is incredibly thin. Although only four millimeters thick, it is immensely strong due to its all carbon construction. The material, however, is malleable enough to slightly change shape under different loads. When viewed from the side, the Marea Lounge is nearly invisible, making it appear as though the sitter is floating mid-air.
The Marea Lounge by Jules Sturgess is Excitingly Thin
1. Folded Furniture - The trend of folded furniture offers potential for disruptive innovation in space-saving designs and customizable comfort.
2. Surfboard-inspired Design - The trend of surfboard-inspired design presents opportunities for disruptive innovation in furniture aesthetics and materials.
3. Thin and Strong Construction - The trend of thin and strong construction provides potential for disruptive innovation in lightweight furniture solutions with enhanced durability.
1. Furniture Design - The furniture design industry can explore disruptive innovation opportunities in creating foldable, surfboard-like pieces that offer customized comfort and space-saving capabilities.
2. Outdoor Recreation - The outdoor recreation industry can leverage surfboard-inspired design trends to develop innovative and stylish furniture solutions for lounging and relaxation.
3. Carbon-based Materials - The carbon-based materials industry can embrace the trend of thin and strong construction to develop novel applications for lightweight and durable materials in various sectors, including furniture.