Exclusive car clubs are springing up in major cities across North America. The concept is sweet: Pay for 1 / 10th of a hot car, like the Lotus Elise, and own it for 1 / 10th the time. Some of the packages include a number of different vehicles. For example, pay $1,000 a month for the right to drive a BMW 3 series 300 days per year, get a Ferrari 360 for 20 days, a Hummer H2 for 40 days and 5 days with a Lamborghini Murcielago.
The idea of luxury car time shares / ride sharing was recently featured in BusinessWeek: "All you have to do is hand over between $3,000 and $10,000 annually for the privilege of taking these unique machines on the road for a few days a year."
Where do I sign up?
1. Luxury Car Time Shares - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Explore partnerships with luxury car clubs to offer time share options for high-end vehicles, attracting customers who want the experience without the full ownership commitment.
2. Exclusive Car Clubs - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop a digital platform that connects exclusive car clubs in different cities, enabling members to access a variety of luxury vehicles while traveling.
3. Ride Sharing with Luxury Cars - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Create a ride-sharing service specifically for luxury cars, catering to individuals looking for a premium transportation experience during special occasions or events.
1. Automotive - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Introduce a subscription-based model for luxury car ownership, offering customers the flexibility to switch between different high-end vehicles based on their current preferences and lifestyle.
2. Hospitality - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Collaborate with luxury car clubs to integrate their services into high-end hotels and resorts, providing guests with exclusive access to luxury vehicles during their stay.
3. Technology - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop a mobile app that enables users to rent luxury cars on a time-share basis, creating a convenient and seamless experience for customers seeking short-term access to prestigious vehicles.