This year, Trend Hunter had the opportunity to curate a digital collection of trends for National Bank's WORK.SPACE exhibit at the Toronto Interior Design Show. As Chief Trend Hunter Jeremy Gutsche explains, it's becoming evermore popular to focus on the design of office spaces, "turning the offices into an element of branding."
Imposed interaction is also another big trend springing up all over the globe. For example, Google, Toronto has created an environment for employees where they are encouraged to be mobile and interact with different departments throughout the day. This is achieved with a communal dining area, creative meeting spaces and even an office mini-putt. Though this may seem potentially unproductive, many companies including Facebook, National Bank, Pixar, Inventionland and Oakley all see the clear benefits.
To learn more about National Bank's WORK.SPACE exhibit and leading workplace designs,
Toronto Interior Design Show
1. Office Space Branding - Designing office spaces as a reflection of a company's brand identity can create new opportunities for interior designers and architects to become disruptors in the industry.
2. Imposed Interaction - Encouraging collaboration and breaking down departmental silos through creative spaces can create disruptive opportunities for workplace furniture and design companies.
3. Mobile Workforce - Providing employees with mobile workstations and encouraging work-from-anywhere mentality can create opportunities for technology companies to develop new products and services that support this trend.
1. Interior Design - The increasing trend in designing workplaces as a reflection of a company's brand identity creates opportunities for interior designers to be disruptors in the industry.
2. Workplace Furniture and Design - The trend of imposing interaction through creative spaces creates disruptor opportunities for companies that offer innovative solutions in designing and manufacturing these products.
3. Technology - The trend towards a mobile workforce creates opportunities for technology companies to develop products and services that support a work-from-anywhere mentality.