Jeremy Gutsche of TrendHunter.com recently appeared on Global TV to discuss viral videos. It's a natural fit for Jeremy to discuss; between Trend Hunter TV and Trend Hunter's Video section, he's curated quite the collection of the Internet's best in one place.
In the quick Global TV clip above, you'll see Jeremy Gutsche discuss the prevalence of viral videos and why they have become so popular.
Implications - Gutsche talks about the fact that making a video in this day and age has never been easier due to all of the new technology. Also, sharing your videos with the world is just as easy because of unique video-based websites like YouTube. It's impressive because you get to take a look at items that were not created by news stations or paid camera crews, providing a great way to take a real look into consumers' minds.
1. Viral Video Marketing - Opportunity to leverage the power of viral videos for marketing and brand awareness.
2. User-generated Content - Innovation opportunity to create platforms that enable easy sharing and distribution of user-generated content.
3. New Media Consumption Habits - Opportunity to tap into changing habits and preferences of consumers towards new media platforms.
1. Marketing and Advertising - Leveraging viral video marketing for brand promotions and targeted advertising.
2. Social Media Platforms - Creating innovative platforms for sharing and distribution of user-generated content.
3. Streaming and Online Video - Adopting to changing habits and preferences of consumers towards new media platforms for entertainment and information.