At the Creative Cities Summit in Lexington, Kentucky, Jeremy Gutsche sat down for an interview for 'One-to-One with Bill Goodman' from KET (one of the largest PBS stations).
In the interview with Goodman, Gutsche discussed key topics from his book, EXPLOITING CHAOS: How to Spark Innovation During Times of Change. He talked about how to cultivate infection, as well as the importance of creating cultural connections with consumers during times of change.
Gutsche also discussed the top trends of 2010, including Unservice, Peacocking and Next Besting, which centers on how consumers are eschewing traditional labels in favor of the next best thing.
1. Cultivating Infection Trend - There is an opportunity for businesses to create viral campaigns and encourage their audience to share their content.
2. Creating Cultural Connections Trend - Brands can create deeper bonds with customers by understanding their culture and values.
3. Next Besting Trend - By focusing on continuous improvement and innovation, companies can stay ahead of the competition and win over customers.
1. Marketing and Advertising Industry - Opportunity for marketers to leverage social media and other digital channels to create viral campaigns and engage customers.
2. Technology Industry - Technology companies can create solutions that help businesses better understand their customers' cultures and preferences.
3. Fashion Industry - Fashion brands can leverage the Next Besting trend by offering new and innovative products that meet changing consumer preferences.