Lately, we've seen a ton of innovative new watches that change the way you have to read the time. The Urwerk UR-103 G (shown here) is a platinum or gold plates watch with three spinning dials that tell the time.
Here's our Top 10 of the most innovative watches on the market:
10. Piaget Polo Tourbillon
9. Luxury Erotic Watches
8. Scope Watch
7. Stonehenge Watch
6. Reveal Mystery Watch
5. The Urwerk UR-103 (shown here)
4. E-Ink Watch
3. Rotolog Watch
2. PIMP Watch
1. Nooka Watch
More about the Urwerk UR-103:
"The top of the case has been opened up to the heavens; much in the same way the roof of an observatory opens to give the astronomer's telescope a full view of the stars. This seemingly simple development is the result of much experimentation, as the sapphire glass used in the new window of the UR-103.03 is so completely unique that it was nearly impossible for us to develop techniques to create it. The effect of this new window is exceptionally dramatic; the orbital cross has become visible to the user, which means that not only the present time is visible, but also the approach of the future and the passage of the past are evidenced by the satellites approaching and departing from the 60-minute hour arc at the front. This is an experience and sensation of timekeeping and time unlike any other that exists, and it represents a powerful and clear statement of URWERK'S philosophy towards timekeeping. The orbital cross has now been given very fine detailing along the center of the arms and the round platforms from which the satellites hang suspended. Case outlines and the surface texture of the UR-103.03 have also become more powerful and bold. Paired grooves in the gold or platinum surfaces create a new sensory experience of the unique and complex curvature of the case." - Urwerk
Plus the Urwerk UR-103 G
1. Innovative Watch Designs - Exploring new and unconventional designs for watches, such as the rotating dials of the Urwerk UR-103 G, presents opportunities for disruptive innovation in the watch industry.
2. Technological Advancements in Timekeeping - Incorporating technologies like e-ink displays in watches, as seen in the E-Ink Watch, opens up possibilities for disruptive innovation in the field of timekeeping.
3. Luxury Watches with Unique Features - Luxury brands like Piaget and Nooka are pushing the boundaries of watch design with features like tourbillon movements and patented artistic displays, creating opportunities for disruptive innovation in the luxury watch market.
1. Watch Manufacturing - The watch manufacturing industry can explore new materials, designs, and technologies to create disruptive innovations that redefine traditional timekeeping.
2. Technology - The technology industry has the potential to collaborate with watchmakers to integrate smart capabilities, such as advanced displays and connectivity, into watches, leading to disruptive innovations in wearable tech.
3. Luxury Goods - Luxury goods brands have the opportunity to reimagine the concept of luxury watches by incorporating unique features, artistic designs, and limited editions, driving disruptive innovation in the luxury watch sector.