A Hooters billboard in Clearwater that read "Liquor in Clearwater, Poker in Vegas" definitely got some attention, but not the right kind. Mayor Frank Hibbard came across this innuendo coming home from church a couple weeks ago and did not think that it was an appropriate representation of his town. He made the right phone calls and the billboard was changed, however there is still another one up along Interstate 275 in Tampa. Oh and I guess you want to know what the new version is... "Liquor in Clearwater, Casino in Vegas." Classy.
1. Outdoor Advertising Regulation - Regulation of provocative or inappropriate outdoor advertising materials offered by radical marketing organizations could be a potential market.
2. Urban Advertising Alternatives - Inclusion of other forms of urban advertising could be an opportunity to expand the market and reach more people beyond traditional billboards.
3. Private Regulated Billboards - Implementation of private, restricted access billboard advertising could be an innovative solution to restrictive governmental advertising regulations.
1. Marketing - Alternative marketing techniques could be developed to entice today's culture-focused clientele.
2. Tourism - Tourism industries may benefit from creative advertising that reflects the unique and exciting atmosphere of their destinations.
3. Entertainment Industry - The Entertainment industry could benefit from outdoor advertising that delights clients while also promoting their amusement park, casino or casino party rental businesses.