"Come a Little Closer," cries this billboard for a Funeral Services company. Over at Stop Geek, their comment is, "How far will advertisers go?" If advertising is just the art of invoking response, they've done well... But I'm not sure how much consideration they're going to trigger.
Implications - You really have to give this company credit for having a little bit of fun with their advertising. Instead of settling for morbidity and somber content, they instead appeal to the sense of humor of their consumers. This is definitely one eyebrow-raising campaign that will get people's attention. Whether or not it will be successful remains to be seen. Good luck!
1. Humorous Advertising - The trend of using humor in advertising to capture consumer attention and create a memorable experience.
2. Unconventional Marketing - The trend of using unconventional and unexpected marketing strategies to stand out in a crowded advertising landscape.
3. Embracing Controversy - The trend of embracing controversial topics or approaches in advertising to spark conversation and generate buzz.
1. Funeral Services - The funeral services industry can explore disruptive innovation opportunities by reimagining their advertising strategies to incorporate humor and unconventional approaches, challenging traditional somber narratives.
2. Marketing and Advertising - The marketing and advertising industry can embrace disruptive innovation opportunities by encouraging clients to push boundaries and explore unconventional strategies that generate attention and spark conversation, like the use of humor in unexpected contexts.
3. Consumer Goods - The consumer goods industry can consider disruptive innovation opportunities by embracing unconventional marketing campaigns that challenge norms and generate curiosity, allowing brands to create memorable experiences for consumers.