The Fruitree was design by Chia Shee Loh, Antonietta Fortunato, and Elena Godenzi from Singapore. In the designer's own words: "Fruitree is a fruit display/storage unit that seeks to engage the users. By doing so it tackles the 'out of sight, out of mind' scenario whereby fruit purchases are often left forgotten till they spoil in the refrigerator. An advanced oxidation air cleaning technique is employed to release oxidizing particles to suppress mould/bacteria growth and organic compounds around the display unit to provide prolonged storage life for the fruits. The subtle reminder that the fruits come from trees and not from crates and plastic wraps provides an emotive quality that enhances the fruit eating experience."
1. Engaging Fruit Displays - Innovative fruit storage units like the Fruitree seek to engage users and prevent fruit spoilage, creating opportunities for improved fruit eating experiences.
2. Advanced Air Cleaning Techniques - The use of advanced oxidation air cleaning techniques in fruit storage units, like the Fruitree, can suppress mould and bacteria growth, extending the storage life of fruits and presenting opportunities for healthier food preservation.
3. Emotive Fruit Packaging - Designs that emphasize the natural origin of fruits, such as displaying them without crates and plastic wraps like the Fruitree, enhance the emotional connection and eating experience, opening up opportunities for unique and eco-friendly packaging concepts.
1. Kitchen Appliances - Incorporating engaging and advanced fruit storage features into kitchen appliances presents disruptive innovation opportunities to improve convenience and reduce food waste.
2. Home Storage Solutions - Developing innovative fruit storage solutions like the Fruitree for homes can address the issue of forgotten fruits and create opportunities for better organization and longer-lasting produce.
3. Packaging and Design - The concept of emotive fruit packaging, inspired by the Fruitree, offers potential for disruption in the packaging and design industry, encouraging sustainable and experiential packaging solutions.