It may sound odd to you now, but Fried Coke could be the next big innovation in food. Fried Coke is made from batter, Coca-Cola syrup, strawberry syrup, and some strawberries. The desert made its debut at the US fairs this fall. Inventor Abel Gonzales ran two stands at the State Fair in Texas and sold 35,000 fried cokes in just over three weeks. The price - $4.50 each. Gonzales has already won awards for developing the most innovative new fair food.
A Coca-Cola spokesperson, Ray Crockett, told Reuters, “We’re constantly amazed at the creative ways folks find to enjoy their Coke and make it part of celebrations like fairs and festivals. This is one is definitely different!”
Any takers on this one?
Ping Pong Balls of Fried Coke Syrup
1. Fried Coke - The trend of Fried Coke as a new and innovative food option.
2. Fair Food Innovation - The trend of inventing unique and unconventional food items for fairs and festivals.
3. Creative Food Consumption - The trend of finding creative and unusual ways to enjoy popular food and beverages.
1. Food and Beverage - The food and beverage industry has an opportunity to explore the creation of alternative food options like Fried Coke.
2. Event and Festival - The event and festival industry can capitalize on the trend of Fair Food Innovation by offering unique and enticing food choices.
3. Consumer Goods - The consumer goods industry can tap into the trend of Creative Food Consumption by developing products that enable consumers to enjoy food and drinks in unconventional ways.