Philips has developed new emotion sensitive apparel, called SKIN. The far-out-future-fabric actually adjusts color and form, meaning that you can essentially communicate with your clothes.
The goal of the project was to portray the type of technology interactions that might take place in 2020. More specifically, SKIN was meant to explore 'sensing' technologies which include concepts like emotion sensitive apparel.
The illuminated dress is called Bubelle. It is based on two layers. The inner layer is equipped with sensors, while the outer layer displays the vibrant colors that correspond to your mood.
There is also a body suit called Frisson, which operates in the same style.
Philips SKIN and the Digital Future
1. Emotion Sensitive Apparel - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Creating personalized clothing that can adapt to individual emotions and enhance communication.
2. Sensing Technologies - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Developing advanced sensor technology to enable emotion detection and interpretation.
3. Digital Interaction - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Exploring new ways for humans to interact with technology through clothing and wearable devices.
1. Fashion - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Integrating sensor technology into clothing and accessories to create innovative and interactive fashion products.
2. Health and Wellness - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Applying emotion sensing technology in therapeutic settings to improve mental health and well-being.
3. Technology - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Advancing sensing and communication technologies to create new applications for emotion detection and response.