While there are a number of different eco-friendly credit cards available to consumers, 'Sustain:Green' differs in that it will automatically offset the CO2 emissions associated with a user's spending. The card is available from MasterCard and Commerce Bank and rather than offering consumers an opportunity to collect reward points, Sustain:Green helps them reduce their carbon footprint.
The card works by automatically monitoring a user's spending and subsequently purchasing two pounds of carbon for every dollar the user spends. The offset scheme is run through a rainforest conservation project in Brazil called 'Mata no Peito.' Consumer also have the option to sign up for an extra feature, which will offset another 5,000 pounds of CO2 and an additional 2,5000 pounds if they spend over $1,250 in a month.
Unlike other eco-freindly credit cards, Sustain:Green automates the process of purchasing CO2 offsets so that consumers do not have to actively work to make green choices.
The New 'Sustain:Green' Card Helps to Reduce a User's Carbon Footprint
1. Automated Carbon Offsetting - Develop automated carbon offsetting programs that actively monitor consumers' spending to reduce their carbon footprint.
2. Green Credit Cards - Introduce credit cards that allow consumers to reduce their carbon footprint and contribute to environmental conservation projects.
3. Sustainable Finance - Develop sustainable financial products and services that enable consumers to make environmentally friendly choices.
1. Banking and Financial Services - The banking industry can introduce sustainable financial products and services that promote environmentally conscious consumption and reduce carbon footprint.
2. Environmental Conservation - The environmental conservation industry can collaborate with financial institutions and introduce initiatives such as Sustain:Green to promote sustainability and reduce carbon emissions.
3. Technology - The technology industry can develop innovative solutions such as automated carbon offsetting programs that actively monitor consumer spending and utilize machine learning algorithms to promote sustainable consumption habits.