The concept Dell XCS PC features a modular design that lets you snap modular parts. The design is based on the fact that most users don't want to open up their computer to add components. Plus, it looks pretty cool.
Implications - For the computer user who might not necessarily have a great deal of technical proficiency or knowledge, a product like this would definitely be appealing. By making it easy and convenient to upgrade or change even their most complicated products, companies can appeal to a wider swathe of customers than a less user-friendly product might otherwise have done. The more intuitive your design, the bigger the audience it can service.
1. Modular PC Design - A trend in creating designated parts for a computer system that are easily interchangeable to upgrade or repair the device without needing technical knowledge.
2. Snap-on Hardware Concepts - A trend in creating products that allow for easy assembly or upgrade of devices using snap-on hardware for efficiency and convenience.
3. User-friendly Technology - A trend in designing products that are easy for people without technical proficiency or knowledge.
1. Computer Hardware - Companies designing computer systems can use a modular design to create devices with interchangeable parts, making it easier for customers to upgrade or repair their devices.
2. Consumer Electronics - Companies designing consumer electronics can create products with snap-on hardware concepts, making it easier for customers to assemble or upgrade their devices.
3. Technology Design - Designers of technology products can create user-friendly technology to broaden their audience and cater to individuals without technical knowledge.