Why bother eating in the light when you can blindfold yourself and pay more attention to the olfactory and taste sensations of your meal. The Dark Dining Project is based on the concept that wearing a blindfold will help you to open your mind to the intensity of your food.
The Dark Dining project site describes that, "Each event is unique and features a different menu and artists/performers. Notice the unexpected. Let your other senses take over. Perhaps there is something unexpectedly hard, warm or smooth in the breadbasket, or you are swept up in the percussion of a rainstorm."
1. Dark Dining Experiences - Restaurants offering blindfolded dining experiences to enhance sensory pleasure.
2. Multi-sensory Dining - Restaurants offering meals that cater to all five senses for a more immersive dining experience.
3. Experiential Eating - Restaurants offering meals that provide a unique experience through the use of unconventional settings or sensory disruptions.
1. Restaurant Industry - Restaurants can differentiate themselves and attract more business by offering unique and memorable dining experiences.
2. Hospitality Industry - Hotels and other hospitality businesses can offer special dining packages to enhance their guests' overall experience.
3. Event Planning Industry - Event planners can offer unique dining experiences as part of their event services to provide a memorable and immersive experience for attendees.