REN Clean Skincare, Aptar beauty + home and SABIC are teaming up to introduce a new day cream packaging design based on a cutting-edge material recycling process. The newly developed packaging for REN's best-selling Evercalm Global Protection Day Cream relies on recycling technology that processes more mixed packaging waste, creating more opportunities for more use of recycled materials and less of virgin plastics made with fossil fuels.
While some recyclable materials are a challenge to properly sort, this technology addresses fragmentation at the molecular level, which means that it is less sensitive to different types of plastics that end up in the same batch. Frédéric Dreux, Packaging R&D global leader for Unilever Prestige, notes that "these new technologies are also not meant to replace mechanical recycling. It is a necessary addition to further increase recycling capacities."
Image Credit: REN Clean Skincare
REN Clean Skincare's Packaging Explores a New Recycling Technology
1. Advanced Materials Packaging - The use of new recycling technology on packaging designs can create more opportunities for advanced materials packaging, which can offer improved durability, lighter weight, and lower environmental impact.
2. Sustainable Packaging - The development of new recycling technology that can handle mixed packaging waste can pave the way for more sustainable packaging solutions that use recycled materials and reduce the dependency on virgin plastics made with fossil fuels.
3. Molecular-level Recycling - The molecular-level recycling technology can provide the innovative solution that can address the challenges of sorting and processing different types of recyclable materials, resulting in more efficient and effective recycling processes.
1. Beauty and Personal Care - The beauty and personal care industry can leverage advanced materials and sustainable packaging to provide eco-friendly products that cater to the growing demand for ethical and environmentally-friendly products.
2. Consumer Goods - Consumer goods companies can benefit from molecular-level recycling technology to innovate and enhance their packaging designs, creating products that meet the sustainability demands of consumers.
3. Waste Management - Waste management companies can adopt new recycling technologies, such as molecular-level recycling, to improve their recycling processes and increase their capacities, reducing the amount of waste that goes to landfills and promoting a more circular economy.