American Specialty Cars (ASC) has dropped the roof on the Hummer. Are convertible SUVs the next big thing?
The company notes that the retractable roof isn't just for style, but also for added utility. With a retractable roof, the Hummer essentially becomes a pick-up truck that's ready for extra duty.
Implications - Convertible cars have an essence of coolness about them that people often associate with luxury and wealth. Car companies that create cars that were not essentially made to be convertible such as the featured Hummer stand to gain the attention of consumers with extra cash who want functionality and to be able to impress others with their extravagant purchase.
ASC Cosmos Brings The Open Sky to the HUMMER H3
1. Convertible Suvs - Car companies can capitalize on the coolness factor and appeal to luxury-seeking consumers by creating convertible versions of non-convertible SUV models.
2. Retractable Roofs - Incorporating retractable roofs in SUV designs can offer added utility and transform vehicles into versatile options for different tasks.
3. Functional Luxury - Consumers with disposable income are interested in purchasing functional yet extravagant vehicles, presenting an opportunity for car companies to meet their demands.
1. Automotive Design - Automotive design firms can explore the creation of convertible versions of non-convertible SUV models to cater to the demand for luxurious and functional vehicles.
2. Automotive Manufacturing - Automotive manufacturers can incorporate retractable roofs in their SUV designs to offer customers the flexibility of transforming vehicles for various purposes.
3. Luxury Car Market - The luxury car market can attract consumers with disposable income by offering functional luxury SUVs with convertible options.