Although gift cards are designed so that they can be refilled over and over, a lot of time they just end up in the trash when they're empty—not Starbucks' collectible gift cards though, especially with fan-made sites like BucksCards specifically designed as a hub for collectors of the gift cards.
Starbucks' has had numerous gift card designs over the years and the latest includes a series of city cards that celebrate major locations across Canada and the United States, including places like Seattle, San Diego, Los Angeles and Chicago. Each of the cards captures the flavor of the city and highlights some of its most notable landmarks. Although it's a really simple idea, these cards are set to be like souvenirs for visiting different Starbucks locations all over North America.
Starbucks' Gift Cards Act Like Souvenirs for Major North American Cities
1. Collectible Gift Cards - Creating collectible gift cards that act as souvenirs for different cities.
2. Fan-made Collectors' Hubs - Developing online platforms dedicated to connecting and facilitating the trading of collectible gift cards.
3. City-themed Gift Card Designs - Designing gift cards that capture the essence of different cities and their landmarks.
1. Retail - Retailers can collaborate with local artists and designers to create city-themed gift card collections, attracting tourists and collectors alike.
2. E-commerce - Creating online marketplaces or platforms that cater to the needs of gift card collectors, encouraging trading and building a community around collectible gift cards.
3. Tourism - Partnering with popular coffee chains or creating exclusive collaborations to offer city-themed gift cards as a unique souvenir option for tourists.