The concept of canvertising has been around since 2004. While the idea is innovative, it still hasn't taken off. One of the key issues, is that the removable tops are instant garbage. This was pointed out by Steve Hall of Adverblog years ago. However, Advercan, the driving force behind canvertising, has now introduced a biodegradable label. Will this be the push that gets canvertising to take off?
Implications - To further entice consumers into buying their wares, corporations are now implementing green initiatives into their products. This will satiate consumer desire to actively reduce their carbon footprint on the planet.
Advercan Launches Biodegradable Can-Top Label
1. Biodegradable Labels - The introduction of biodegradable labels into product packaging is an opportunity for disruptive innovation in the sustainability space.
2. Canvertising - The canvertising trend is still ripe for disruptive innovation, with potential for improved usability and sustainability.
3. Green Initiatives - Green initiatives are a growing trend among corporations, and provide a major opportunity for disruptive innovation in sustainable product development.
1. Packaging Industry - The packaging industry can leverage the introduction of biodegradable labels to innovate in the sustainability space.
2. Advertising Industry - The canvertising trend presents opportunities for disruptive innovation in the advertising industry, specifically in the areas of usability and sustainability.
3. Consumer Goods Industry - Consumer goods companies can differentiate themselves by implementing green initiatives and developing sustainable products through disruptive innovation.