River Road Bakehouse is launching a new line of artisan bread and a #RoadtoZeroFoodWaste campaign that aims to bring attention to food waste issues.
Bread products like baguettes, Ciabatta buns, Brioche and Sesame burger buns from River Road Bakehouse are made at zero waste bakeries using simple ingredients and traditional baking methods.
As part of its commitment to starting up a conversation around food waste, River Road Bakehouse is teaming up with the University of Guelph in Canada to support 12 non-profit organizations in North America that aim to minimize food waste in local communities. On top of this, the brand also launched an online food waste quiz, and for each person who takes the quiz for the first time, 25 cents are donated to the non-profit organizations.
River Road Bakehouse's Artisan Bread Reduces Food Waste
1. Zero-waste Foods - There is a growing trend towards zero-waste food products that aim to minimize food waste and promote sustainability.
2. Artisanal Breads - Consumers are becoming more interested in artisanal breads made from simple ingredients and traditional baking methods.
3. Corporate Social Responsibility Campaigns - Brands are launching campaigns that align with their corporate social responsibility values, like River Road Bakehouse's #RoadtoZeroFoodWaste campaign.
1. Bakery - Bakeries can innovate by creating more zero-waste products to appeal to environmentally conscious consumers.
2. Food Waste Reduction Non-profits - Non-profits fighting food waste can benefit from partnerships with companies like River Road Bakehouse to promote their cause and receive donations.
3. Sustainability Consulting - Sustainability consulting firms can work with food companies to help them develop and implement strategies to reduce waste and promote sustainability.