You know that Christmas is around the corner when Guinness Book of Records 2009 is out. This book really annoys me and seems totally pointless--that is, until I find a record that no else one will think of trying and secure a place in 2010.
The press teasers for this book include all sorts of new awesome photographs which are surprisingly stylish this year--and of course, we have all seen the publicity press call with Svetlana Pankratova.
This teaser, however, has more of the hidden records such as:
1. The longest dog in the world - an Irish wolfhound with a nose-to-tail-tip length of 232cm. To put that in context, this dog is as long as a king size bed!
2. We have already seen that the awesomely named He Pingping is the world’s smallest man at 74.61cm tall and Svetlana Pankratova has the longest legs on the planet.
3. Hats off to Tristan Williams and Charles Astor who have the record for being the fastest pantomime horse.
4. Falling into the ‘life is too short group’ are Gunnar and Kerstin Sahlin who encouraged their ostrich to produce the world’s biggest egg.
5. Olf Fugner is proud to have the largest ballpoint pen. (If this guy is married, I shall lose all hope.)
6. Teacher Jill Drake has what is officially the loudest scream on Planet Earth. How do you find that out?
7. Some are of course ridiculous such as Spreuerhofstrasse in Reutlingen classified as the narrowest street in the world and dating back to 1976. The bottleneck has a width of 31 cm at its narrowest part - so basically a recategorized crack in the pavement.
8. Finally, the ‘And My Point Is...’ award goes to Tilo Niebel who has officially the heaviest bike in the world. It weighs in at 4,740 kilograms (10,450 pounds).
8 Random World Records
More Stats +/-
Â£95 Fast Food Burgers (Part 2)
World Record Photo Shoots
$400,000 Champagne Glasses
Sleepwear-Inspired Velvet Suits
Smart Hair Styling Tools