At the Detroit Auto Show, the Cadillac CTS has been one of the most anticipated reveals. The CTS, a bad-ass 300 horsepower machine, is Cadillac's flagship sedan. The actual launch happens later today, so you get to read about this car before it's released! I'll post more pictures later on and update the post. Also there are at least a dozen innovative concepts at the show, but I won't be able to update Trend Hunter until I return to Toronto.
Inspired by the Cadillac Sixteen concept, the new CTS embodies design reach and precision. It is a production-intent vehicle. A new powertrain lineup features six-speed transmissions (manual and automatic) and the addition of the advanced 3.6-liter Direct Injection engine delivering approx. 300-hp with good fuel efficiency and reduced emissions.
The CTS is the next proof point in Cadillac's ongoing renaissance.
- Available with GM's new 3.6L direct-injection V-6 VVT engine, featuring an estimated 300 horsepower and 270 lb.-ft. of torque
- Available for the first time in both rear- and all-wheel-drive configurations
- Available with either an Aisin six-speed manual or â€“ new for CTS â€“ a Hydra-Matic 6L50 six-speed automatic transmissions.
- Available 17-by-8-inch aluminum wheels paired with Michelin H-rated (P235/55R17) all-season radials. The optional performance suspension includes an 18- by- 8.5-inch wheel with the all-new Michelin Pilot Sport 2 (P235/50R18) tire that can either be V- or Y- (summer) rated.
- Available StabiliTrak, integrating the car's standard four-channel ABS with the full-function traction control, hydraulic brake assist and engine drag control systems.
- Integrated iPod/MP3 capability
- Available Adaptive forward lighting system with that automatically adjusts high-intensity discharge (HID) headlamp direction for improved nighttime driving visibility
- Optional Easy Keyâ„¢ system with Smart Remote Start
- Optional Bose 5.1 Cabin Surroundâ„¢ audio system
- Available DVD-based navigation with telescoping touch-screen
- Hand-Crafted interior components