The sheer power and beauty of nature are baffling, as these images of underwater lakes and rivers show. The third and sixth images in this gallery were only discovered after their massive cave domes collapsed. As you might imagine, many of these sites are held sacred, like #8; all of them, however, have a rich history.
1. Reed Flute Cave in Guilin, China.
2. Cheddar Gorge in Great Britain.
3. Hamilton Pool Preserve in Austin, Texas.
4. Luray Caverns in Virginia.
5. Wookey Caves in Somerset, England.
6. Messalini Caves in Greece.
7. Lechuguilla Cave in New Mexico.
8. Macan Ché on the Yucatán Peninsula.
9. Limestone flow in Mexico.
10. Underwater lake in Banff, Canada.
19,961 clicks in 275 w
More Stats +/-