In the world of comics, an error on the production line can mean that an instant collector's item is created.
This gallery of recalled comics covers highlights some of those mistakes.
1. DC Comics scrambled to recall "All-Star Batman & Robin" Number 10, which includes a "printing error" that shows Batgirl dropping the F-bomb. Collectors have been gathering copies of the comic book, and some have sold on eBay for as much as $175.
2. In "Letitia Lerner, Superman's Babysitter," the super-toddler climbs into a microwave, and drinks milk directly from a cow. Most issues were pulped when the president of DC Comics objected to the portrayal of the little Clark Kent.
3. Daredevil's assassin girlfriend appearing partially nude in this issue caused a recall.
4. The fake Victorian ads in this issue were the cause of the controversy. This book was recalled because of an ad for an imaginary feminine hygiene product from a company called Marvel. DC Comics pulled the issue, fearing legal retribution from its competitor, Marvel Comics.
5. In this issue, President John F. Kennedy helps Superman retain his secret identity, by posing as Clark Kent while Superman is saving lives. Unfortunately, the issue was released the week after Kennedy's assassination; bad timing.
6. In this issue, an anti-Semitic k-word made it into Wolverine's description of his archenemy Sabretooth instead of the word killer.
7. Christian singer Amy Grant sued Marvel Comics when they used her photo on the cover of this comic with the title, "Vampires on Broadway."
8. This Spider-Man book was pulled when a hidden message to the former editor of Marvel Comics, Bob Harras, was found in one of the frames. It read, "Harras, ha ha, he's gone, good riddance to bad rubbish...he was a nasty S.O.B.".
Stats for Recalled Comic Books
Trending: Older & Mild
Research: 18,110 clicks in 397 w
Interest: 4 minutes
Concept: Recalled Comic Books
Related: 48 examples / 37 photos
Segment: Males, 18-55
Comparison Set: 18 similar articles, including: edible pizza boxes, customizable seafood menus, and eco-friendly tortilla bowls.
Recalled Comic Books
More Stats +/-
Customizable Seafood Menus
Edible Pizza Boxes
Eco-Friendly Tortilla Bowls
Rapid Audiobook Apps
Virtual Opera House Tours