While there is an abundance of photography to be admired all around, none is more spectacular to behold than aerial shots of this fantastic world we get to live in.
Shown here are just some of this genre. Bear in mind these are some of the most difficult photos to capture. Many are taking from planes and helicopters and thus require great skill. The first two images from Alex S. Maclean are incredible and many more can be found in his latest (of several) books, entitled "Over".
1. Surfers, Sunset Beach, Oahu, Hawaii
2. No escape parking at Old Memorial Stadium, Baltimore, MD
3. This 'OMG' shot in New York is the genius of Vincent Laforet.
4. Famed photographer, George Steinmetz' Golden Gate Bridge in San Franscisco, is another 'OMG' shot.
5. David Maisel’s images of the Great Salt Lake and the harvesting and waste collection ponds. They contain different minerals and salts that create the various colors.
6. Bret Oliver captures the Burj Dubai under construction, which belies it future glory.
7. Yann Arthus-Bertrand’s portfolio features over a 100 countries in his "Earth from above" series. His I.M. Pei Pyrmid at the Louvre, France takes on a whole new aspect.
8 and 9. Two shots from space, one of Hurricane Ike, and a somewhat scary view of China under what looks like a huge cloud of pollution.
10. Carlos Gutierrez’ vision of the Chaiten Volcano in Chile almost doesn’t look real. Apparently electrical storms break out frequently over erupting volcanoes creating this amazing effect.
Photography from on High
More Stats +/-
Underwater Fashion Photography
Natural Phenomena Photography
Macro Snow Crystal Photography
Faux Painting Photography
Sustainable Wooden PCs