Although the recession hasn’t affected everyone, those who have been impacted are looking for ways to give without going broke or in debt this holiday season.
Now is the perfect time to gather together a few items, crank up the tunes, grab the kiddos, and spend some time making homemade holiday presents for friends and loved ones--something frugal folks have enjoyed doing for a long time.
DIY websites abound for making homemade gift ideas, and you don’t have to be creative genius to make them. A little goes a long way with any of the gifts below, especially if you buy in bulk.
1. Who doesn’t love to smell good? A few ingredients go a long way in making homemade bath soaps to give to grandmothers, friends, neighbors, daughters, in-laws and more.
2. A warm glow within the home on cold and brisk winter nights is something anyone can appreciate. Homemade candles are the perfect home decor gift.
3. Speaking of glow, for the divas in your life, how about something that will help them maintain a youthful one? Honey mixed with oatmeal is great homemade gift for not only your female friends but yourself, as the mix does wonders for exfoliating the skin.
4. You don’t have to be a country bumpkin to appreciate the smell of homemade potpourri. You can give this gift in practically anything that will please loved ones, whether they feature country, modern, or futuristic decor in their home.
5. Know anyone who likes to garden? If so, you could make them a mosaic stepping stone. You can also make mosaic coasters or art displays using broken glass, stones, tile, shells, or anything else you can find outside or within your home.
6. There are many little girls, older women and grandmothers who love to collect dolls. Corn husk dolls are an ideal homemade gift for little girls who aren’t hung up on having the latest Bratz or Barbie and are also doll collectors.
You can also make your own wrapping paper and jazz up a gift box with tissue paper that you decorate yourself, make little folded tags from card stock and pretty up a jar with string or ribbons.
More Stats +/-
39 Unique DIY Products and Projects
35 DIY Ideas
Seasonal Jewelery DIYs
Recycled Books as Bags