This App Allows Charitable Patrons to Skip the Line at Restaurants

By: Katherine Pendrill - Jul 21, 2015
References: charitywait.org & springwise
'CharityWait' is a new dining app that allows charitable patrons to jump the queue by making a donation to a restaurant's chosen charity. The app not only helps diners get their table faster, but it also benefits international charities in the process.

CharityWait is part of Smartline’s virtual wait list system, which is a digital application that restaurant managers use to organize reservations. The CharityWait feature allow restaurants to reserve certain tables or a section of their floor to charitable patrons. Diners can then access these tables by donating to the restaurant's chosen charity partner. Guests must make this payment in advance in order to receive their table. The charity will then receive 60 percent of the donation and SmartLine will receive the remaining 40 percent.

Each of the charities are chosen from an existing network of organizations that support international causes such as health, education and human rights.