Odd Scentsations

Expanding the boundaries of perfume products
Implications - According to Statistic Brain, only 17 percent of females in the United States claim that they don't use perfume. To satisfy the other 83 percent, today's marketers and brands are becoming ever craftier when it comes to developing and launching new fragrance products. In addition to traditional perfumes that still form a lucrative market, the perfume industry is seeing new products like scent-infused apparel, fragrances that smell like computers and even pills that are supposed to make your sweat smell better than, well, sweat. Scent is a powerful psychological manipulator with the ability to make people feel better about themselves, so it's not surprising that sales in the global perfume industry amount to over $25 billion per year (New York Times).
SCORE: 3.9
Mild Top 6 Examples: 19,580 Total Clicks Aug 11 - Apr 12
Popularity
Activity
Freshness
DEMOGRAPHICS
Hard Liquor Fragrances - Give off a Manly Scent with the Moonshine Cologne
SCORE: 5.2
Warm 4,840 Clicks Pub: Nov 14, 11
Hard Liquor Fragrances
Give off a Manly Scent with the Moonshine Cologne
Blood and sweat won't make you smell like a man, so thankfully, the Moonshine Cologne is here to help. The Moonshine Cologne guarantees that no man will have to drink himself to a drunken stupor for that… [More]
Fragrant Footwear Fasteners - The Scented Shoelaces are Made for Hipsters and Girly Tweens
SCORE: 4.3
Warm 9,818 Clicks Pub: Nov 6, 11
Fragrant Footwear Fasteners
The Scented Shoelaces are Made for Hipsters and Girly Tweens
Forget about scented stickers, friendship bracelets and other former childhood mementos, the next generation can now wear Scented Shoelaces. Yes, they are made for footwear but, as the pictures show, girls… [More]
Perfumed Perspiration Pills - Sweat Your Unique Fragrance with Swallowable Parfum by Lucy McRae
SCORE: 4.7
Mild 1,406 Clicks Pub: Sep 3, 11
Perfumed Perspiration Pills
Sweat Your Unique Fragrance with Swallowable Parfum by Lucy McRae
Swallowable Parfum by Lucy McRae is a revolutionary invention. A bio-genetic discovery that comes in a capsule and makes your sweat fragrant. The more you sweat, the more scented you'll be while you'll… [More]
Fierce Facial Hair Fragrances - The Dude No. 1 Beard Oil is a Grizzly Goatee Experience
SCORE: 2.8
Untested 2,213 Clicks Pub: Aug 31, 11
Fierce Facial Hair Fragrances
The Dude No. 1 Beard Oil is a Grizzly Goatee Experience
From five-o-clock shadow to the most magnificent muttonchops, facial hair gets fancy with the all-natural Dude No. 1 Beard Oil by MCMC Fragrances. Forget traditional cologne -- this oil combines Virginia… [More]
Sweet-Smelling Jeans - The Scratch-n-Sniff Pants by Naked & Famous Denim are Enticing
SCORE: 3.7
Untested 812 Clicks Pub: Jan 30, 12
Sweet-Smelling Jeans
The Scratch-n-Sniff Pants by Naked & Famous Denim are Enticing
The Scratch-n-Sniff Pants are perfect for those who love the smell of raspberry-flavored denim. The Scratch-n-Sniff Pants look and feel just like regular jeans, the only difference is their fantastic… [More]
Computer-Inspired Perfumes - The De Facto Standard Fragrance Smells Like a New Macbook
SCORE: 1.9
Untested 491 Clicks Pub: Apr 20, 12
Computer-Inspired Perfumes
The De Facto Standard Fragrance Smells Like a New Macbook
The De Facto Standard fragrance is made for the Apple fanatic. Inspired by a person’s love for their Apple products, it emulates the smell of a brand new Macbook. A nostalgic scent, this... [More]
Newly Added
Category List
Full Index