| Emailthis TrendEmail | Full Article (TrendHunter.com/id/140216)

Altruistic Online Marketplaces
'Shop With Meaning' Sells Socially-Responsible Items with a Story


By: Bianca Bartz (Superstar) Jan 24, 12
{SummaryTitle}

Every day, ShopWithMeaning.org highlights an online store that sells products that give a donation for each item purchased. They also have an online marketplace for socially responsible merchandise, where “every item tells a story.”

The site is broken down into four categories—One for One, Socially Responsible Products, Fair Trade and Eco Friendly. Stores currently featured on Shop With Meaning include TOMS Shoes, United Blue, Warby Parker, Sseko Designs, Moral Fibers, Punjammies, WeWOOD, Sevenly, among many others.

To top it off, 20% from every item purchased in their online

marketplace is donated to the charity of the customers’ choice, and 10% goes toward helping promote Shop With Meaning. The platform also lets entrepreneurs sell their items, allowing them to list them on the site for free, and keep 70% of the sale price (the other 30% going to the aforementioned charities and marketing initiatives).

Contact Information
Shop With Meaning

website
Shop With Meaning on

Twitter
Shop With Meaning on

Facebook



Source: shopwithmeaning.org



Related Trends:


10 Shoe Brands with Soul
TrendHunter.com/id/139776



Jenn Viane Riese, Founder of Modern Humanity (INTERVIEW)
TrendHunter.com/id/134861



10 Social Businesses for Babies
TrendHunter.com/id/138513



Outdoor Gear for Good
TrendHunter.com/id/140197



Online Marketplaces for Good
TrendHunter.com/id/132661



Cause-Oriented Deals
TrendHunter.com/id/133017



Charitable Shopping Websites
TrendHunter.com/id/138552



Non-Profit-Supporting Consumerists
TrendHunter.com/id/139956



Chad Hamre, CEO of Ethical Ocean (INTERVIEW)
TrendHunter.com/id/110480




Copyright © TREND HUNTER Inc.. All Rights Reserved.