|| Email | Full Article (TrendHunter.com/id/28238)|
If the Big Three car makers in the U.S. don’t consolidate, they will die. Detroit has been making gas-guzzling behemoths for decades. When gas was $1-$2 per gallon, sales remained acceptable. Now that gas is $3-$4 per gallon, these gas guzzlers sit on dealer lots like dinosaurs in the tar pits. Nothing will move them.
Here are ten cars that should be killed, according to a U.S. News expert:
1. Jeep Commando, 15 mpg
2. Jeep Compass, overlaps with other Jeep models
3. Dodge Durango, hulking SUV
4. Suzuki Forenza, bland econobox
5. Mercury Grand Marquis, hot when Sarah Palin was a beauty queen
6. Buick LaCrosse, looks like a rental
7. Dodge Nitro, cheap interior, bad ride
8. Nissan Pathfinder, another gigantic SUV
9. Pontiac Torrent, unknown car from dying brand
10. Chevrolet TrailBlazer, popular when big trucks thrived.