|| Email | Full Article (TrendHunter.com/id/41370)|
Explosive popcorn, BBQ Choppers and Live insect sushi. Today we hunt, danger foods.
10. Flames on your table? Samurai swords slicing through the air? Welcome to Ninja New York, where Chef Michinobu Okamoto turns first class food into edible entertainment with dishes like a salad that lets patrons play Excalibur by removing a sword from a grapefruit to unleash a cloud of smoke.
9. The liquid nitrogen ice cream maker is perfect for a dangerous-looking dessert. The $75,000 Nitrocreams Machine uses real liquid nitrogen to bring your ingredients to the optimal temperature. Mad scientist glasses not included.
8. Recession, schmession. The $1,000 bagel from The Westin New York has a schmear of white truffle cream cheese, goji berry Riesling jelly and real gold leaves. Other $1,000 grub includes the Foie Gras High Roller at Koi and $1,000 brownies at Brulee restaurant in Atlantic City.
7. 4,800 calorie burger, anyone? Super-sized is so 2008; foods have now gone monster-sized with gargantuan 5 lb hamburgers, sinful 2,600 calorie milkshakes, 5,000 calorie pork rolls and 3 ft Twix bars. If you’re looking to gain 10 pounds a day, this is the way! (x5)
6. When sodium (or salt) and chlorine meet, they spit fire and make a whole lot of smoke, so, to make a really dangerous snack, Popular Science blew pure chlorine into a bowl of liquid sodium to salt their popcorn, creating an explosion of liquid salty balls. Hot.
5. 5 forbidden foods starving for a mention include Haggis, or sheep organs; deadly Tiger Fugu pufferfish; raw French brie cheese, which is prohibited by the FDA; foie gras, which will be banned in California by 2012. Finally, absinthe, which was banned for its hallucinogenic properties in the US until 2007.
4. In for a culinary culture shock? People are using the Internet to share unusual regional cuisine like sea urchins, snail caviar and Marzu, which is sheep’s milk cheese infested with living insect larva. (x3)
3. Nothing says badass like BBQ and bikes. RUB restaurant commissioned Orange County Choppers to build a Barbecue Pit Chopper to promote the opening of a new restaurant in Las Vegas. This has to be the hottest thing on the road!
2. Now that raw fish sushi is mainstream, edgy trend setters have turned to INSECT sushi. In fact, people are eating living, crawling bugs of all kinds and sharing the experience on YouTube.
1. And now, in honor of our sponsors, (“XXX”), we bring you absinthe gummy bears, and absinthe lollipops, so even those who don’t drink can enjoy the Green Fairy.
VIDEO OF THE DAY: Candle Cannon