Kiran Bedi Kiran Bedi Keynotes

As one of the world's most decorated police officers, Kiran Bedi's keynotes revolve mostly around...

Keynotes.org Need Inspiration?

Get inspired by our collection of 2,000+ keynote speaker videos and 100+ courses of innovative content.

This Kiran Bedi Keynote Encourages Progressive Involvement

By: Andrew Robertson - Published: • References: ted & youtube
In this Kiran Bedi keynote, the dedicated community leader discusses her childhood growing up in India during the middle of the 20th century. Women were not granted the same opportunities that men were, but because her family had four children (none of them boys) she was able to pursue an education and extra-curricular activities predominantly reserved for men.

According to the retired Indian Police Officer, 90 percent of the things that occur in someone's life is a result of their own actions, the other 10 percent no one has any say over. With that balance in mind Bedi suggests that when something good happens embrace it, when something bad happens learn from.

Referring to herself as a product of opportunities, Kiran Bedi redefined policies in India both in policing and prison services due to her insistence upon understanding and compassion rather than negligence and corruption. Stats for Impacting Policies Through Opportunity Trending: Older & Chilly
Traction: 234 clicks in 127 w
Interest: > 3 minutes
Concept: Kiran Bedi Keynote
Related: 13 examples / 10 photos
Segment: Neutral, 18-55
Comparison Set: 5 similar articles, including: optimistic struggle and challenge, leadership without ego, and the ascending power of women.